Have you ever wonder how the vSphere Client for Windows is getting downloaded when you click “Download vSphere Client for Windows” ?
- Inside ESXi host there is an XML file called “clients.xml” which is located at /usr/lib/vmware/hostd/docroot/client .
- This file is having the download link for the vsphere client, http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vsphereclient/VMware-viclient-all-6.0.0.exe.
- When you click on the hyperlink for the download, this file is being called for downloading the client
root@test-ESXi:/usr/lib/vmware/hostd/docroot/client] cat clients.xml
- This is not going to help us in any way . ( This is just a fun activity )
There are scenarios where the VCSA partitions will become highly utilized time to time,
The current scenario is /dev/sda3 11G 8.3G 1.9G 82% reached 82 % . This will not cause any issue until the complete space is used on the partition. To avoid the failure of the vcenter server in the future I fixed the issue as below,
- At very first I was planning to extend the disk size of the vcsa by following the KB2126276
- But later checked the partition and found that the audit logs consuming the considerable amount of storage on the /dev/sda3 ,
test-vc1:var/log # du -Sh * | sort -rh | head -n 15 2.6G audit
- I have rotated the audit log on the vcsa 6.0
test-vc1:/var/log # cd /etc/logrotate.d/
test-vc1:/etc/logrotate.d # logrotate audit
- After rotating audit logs the usage had come down to 59%
This is one of the solutions for fixing the issue.